Saddle Pressure Analysis
One of the most important contact points between you and the bike is the saddle.
We analyze your individual saddle pressure while actively riding your bike.
SADDLES SHOULD NOT BE DECIDED SOLELY BY THE WIDTH OF THE BONES OR HOW YOU SIT ON A FLAT MAT.
Our saddle pressure mapping system is comprised of a thin and flexible film upon which 64 sensors have been positioned. The data are wirelessly transmitted, which makes both indoor and outdoor measurements possible. The film is applied on the saddle and the cyclist may position himself on it without changing his riding style. In this manner the pressure distribution on the saddle can be measured static as well as dynamic, i.e. while cycling. Using a color scale, the pressure distribution in the different saddle areas is displayed graphically.
We analyze at the three most common positions – Tops, Hoods and Drops.
We can analyze your individual interaction will multiple saddles to help determine an appropriate support.
After years of fitting and listening to clients struggles with their saddles, this is a MUST HAVE as part of a thorough bike fitting session. From my own experience with this service, I can tell you it is spot on and can tell us so much about that area down there.
If the saddle is on your complaint list, this is a must!
What we will do:
- We will pressure map your saddle while actively riding your bike.
- As needed, we can map other saddle options that may provide a better interface between you and your saddle.
- Bike must be good mechanical working order.
- This service is for pressure mapping of a saddle only.
- A known good position is required prior to this service.
- This service may be added to a fit session.